It’s been a rough winter in many parts of the country, but while the snow will eventually cease as we head into spring, a new weather worry will surface. Between April and June are the prime times for hailstorms and tornadoes especially in the Texas Gulf Coast. Here are some tips to share with your customers before a storm hits.
- Understand your insurance policy. Know what’s covered in the event of a storm and the deductible amounts.
- Clean the gutters. Remove debris and make sure nothing is clogging the path and that water can run down gutters freely.
- Check your roof. Make sure all roofing materials are secure. Contact us to do a roof inspection to spot damage before it could grow worse in a storm.
- Trim your trees. Nothing is worse than having a tree fall down on a roof. Spot the dangers of having trees too close to your roof. Keep trees trimmed and maintained.
- Maintain your property. Keep flying debris to a minimum by making sure your property doesn’t have anything that can propel and damage the building or roof.
- Secure heavy furniture or outdoor decor. Before a storm, it’s best to tie down or move furniture indoors to keep them from flying and hurting the building or worse.
- Contact us to inspect your roof and become familiar with our project managers. Many contractors blow into town with the storm, but we are a reputable, trustworthy neighborhood contractor.
- Put together an emergency kit for your vehicle and your home. Include water, non-perishable food, flashlight, batteries, blanket, first aid kid, cell phone and copies of important documents.
- Keep informed about the weather and have a safety plan. If you hear of a storm coming, consider going to safe location away from harm’s way.